I would generally avoid a fieldset for navigation item's. If you can
accomplish the effect you want with div's then use your div's. The main time
a fieldset is used is to hold form element's.

This is from the W3C site http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/

The following HTML 4.01 mechanisms group content and make it easier to
understand.:

    * Use FIELDSET to group form controls into semantic units and describe
the group with the LEGEND element.
    * Use OPTGROUP to organize long lists of menu options into smaller
groups..
    * Use tables for tabular data and describe the table with CAPTION.
    * Group table rows and columns with THEAD, TBODY, TFOOT, and COLGROUP.
    * Nest lists with UL, OL, and DL.
    * Use section headings (H1 - H6) to create structured documents and
break up long stretches of text. Refer to the following section for more
information.
    * Break up lines of text into paragraphs (with the P element).
    * Group related links. Refer to the section Grouping and bypassing links

All of these grouping mechanisms should be used when appropriate and
natural, i.e., when the information lends itself to logical groups. Content
developers should not create groups randomly, as this will confuse all
users.

Your list is using the <ul> and <li> selector's which the fieldset element
is not designed to work with