Hi

Not wanting to hijack the PNG thread, so I've altered the subject.

I understand the issues involve in huge migrations, it's not that easy..
especially if your systems have a vested interest in some piece of obsolete
technology.. but there are two things that strike me as odd here -
- IE7 has been around for about 2 years now. It takes about 10 minutes to
install IE7 on the desktop (I did one yesterday). 20000 employees shouldn't be
that difficult ?
- the last time I worked in a big corporate environment, upgrades happened
with a zap disk - either by choice or because the OS became unusable. The zap
would boot up the PC and download an image to the machine, installing the
image. A fresh new windows in about 30 minutes.

So, time isn't obviously an issue - I think it's more the "tying of an
application to one browser" -- if it's for internal use that's  a special case
that probably doesn't apply to general public web use.

Get enough people hammering on the door and somethings gotta give, I say ;)

Cheers
James