On Sep 2, 2008, at 5:24 AM, James Ellis wrote:

Interesting to read the many comments on this. It's utilising Webkit as a rendering engine (also behind Safari and Konquerer 4), which is BSD and LGPL licensed. In turn Google say they are licensing Chrome as Open Source, meaning depending on the actual license, items like V8 (http://blogoscoped.com/google-chrome/17) & other bits (http://blogoscoped.com/google-chrome/38 ) can be utilised in other browsers. Interesting times and certainly more compelling and forward-thinking than "Compatibility View" ...
Cheers
James

I really like to see that it magically repairs IE6 broken web, so that we can forever moving forward and it helps save IE team from implementing compatibility view in IE8. Hack!, they might just start thinking why do we wasting our time on IE8. Rumor has circling in Technorati, MSN, Diggit that the head of IE team was sending his resumé to google inc.

As for google, it will win over all big corp that use IE6 for their intranets. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has finally realized the company has lost the web, and hence stopping all attempts trying to take over Yahoo. Bill Gates steps in, fires his CEO, gathers a group of talents from outer-space working on a project calls webXsPace, and release a press release, claiming: We will prevail, right here from where we have fallen down!.

15 yeas later, a new web technology emerges that will use no broadband, no 3G wireless and no monitor but a pair of optical glass or contact lens (good for me as I already wear ones)

As for google, the company has moved its HQ to Mars since 2015.

Oh! I can't wait to download the Chrome.
tee