From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of tee
Sent: 25 November 2008 10:48
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] your best practise for CSS sprites for elements that
have no height declared

On Nov 24, 2008, at 3:24 AM, Robert O'Rourke wrote:

> If I remember rightly if you are able to save the image with a
> transparent background it keeps the file size lower because a
> transparent pixel takes less space than a pixel with colour
> information. You can put a coloured outline around the sprites
> themselves to avoid jagged edges in IE.

Thanks all for the tips. The htacces ones is especially useful :-)

tee

-------------------Warning------------------------

This e-mail is from outside Tesco - check that it is genuine. Tesco may
monitor and record all e-mails.

---- Disclaimer ----
This is a confidential email.  Tesco may monitor and record all emails.  The
views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not Tesco.

Tesco Stores Limited
Company Number: 519500
Registered in England
Registered Office: Tesco House, Delamare Road, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire EN8 9SL
VAT Registration Number: GB 220 4302 31