It's more an accessibility question so I thought I am posting my question here.

jQuery site claims that the ui.slider has keyboard navigation support. I tested in FF, Safari and Opera, the result varies.

In FF and Opera, I needed to hold down Control Key with left/right arrow
In Safari, left/right arrow works fine.

http://dev.jquery.com/view/tags/ui/1.5b2/demos/ui.slider.html

Two questions:
1) When we say keyboard navigation for website, is it common to expect only one keystroke for one task?

2) and that it applies to browsers that support tabbing navigation consistently?

I can't figure from the code whether the different behaviors in above browsers are caused by the script or a browser default behavior.

Thank you!

tee