On 6/3/09, Tim Savage <tim.sav...@poweredbypenguins.org> wrote:

> I've been playing around with this idea recently. Image maps are quite
> flexible, not only can you title attributes etc but since they are part of
> the DOM you can attach javascript events to them. For a recent client which
> an online fashion store they had images of models wearing their garments and
> I used image maps to have "tool tips" appear with additional information
> about the garment and link to the product page. You can use the same
> "javascript: void()" trick (or capture events) to prevent anything happening
> when a user clicks on the link as necessary.
>
> I tried several approaches to getting this system to work right. My first
> try was using absolutely position DIV's this worked perfectly except in IE,
> second go was output a json structure containing all the information about
> the products etc and generate my image map client side, again worked
> perfectly except in IE. In the end the solution was to generate everything
> server side and tie it all together with javascript which also works and
> works in IE.
>

> The advantages of using image maps basically come down to being able to
> generate complex shapes, and them already being supported in browsers so why
> reinvent the wheel.
>

> --
> *Tim Savage*
> Technology Lead
> [image: Joocey Labs Pty Ltd]
> 105 / 757 Bourke Street
> Docklands VIC 3008
> p: +61 3 9016 9132
>
> m: +61 415 845 226
>
> e: tim.sav...@jooceylabs.com
> w: http://jooceylabs.com
>
> Melbourne | Brisbane | Sydney
>

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 12:01, David Hucklesby <huckle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Brett Patterson wrote:
>>
>>> I meant that rather than using image mapping for hyperlinks, you
>>> could use it to (sort of) point out a particular part of an image, as
>>> if you wanted to show someone who can see which person in a picture
>>> is you if they hover their mouse over that image map. And you can use
>>> it for someone who is blind, by showing them sections in a picture,
>>> as if there are rapids in one part of a picture and your canoe in
>>> another.
>>>
>>> I mean image maps being used to show particular sections in a
>>> picture, give it a title and alt attribute, and allow people to see
>>> what is what in the picture by holding their mouse over parts in a
>>> picture.
>>>
>>> Some picture sites, like photobucket and others allow users to "tag"
>>> certain parts of a picture to allow users to see who is who in a
>>> picture. I was wondering if it would be okay to do the same thing
>>> with using image maps and not using them as links.
>>>

>> Do you mean something like this?
>>
>> http://css-tricks.com/image-map-with-prototype-tooltips/
>>
>> Not sure about how this would benefit someone who can't see, though?
>> Provided you have given ALT attributes to the AREA shapes, screen readers
> [...]

Hello and thanks for your kindly information , I am a beginer an i must
learn more and more but there are other problems and this is the languages ,
my Englis is not very well and sometimes it made a problems and
missunderstanding please if i made some misstake excuse me i try to do
it better in feuture. Till know i visited the sites for learning but
sometims i need to aske a question and to be in contaction  I don't like to
miss you and If i can not send an Email the only reson is my English
writting becouse it is not so good please excuse me.
Your Sibcearely
Mohsen Keshawarz

--
Keshawarz