Hello,

I'm hoping that some of you experts can answer three questions about
browser renderings of certain elements.

Question 1
----------
I'm developing a page with a liquid layout that adapts to displays of
various sizes; the page can be viewed at www.baileyandireland.com. The
page renders as expected in all browsers except Opera, which is having a
problem with the following CSS rule (refer to line 65 of the style
sheet, Home.css):

        max-width: 50em;

This rule is applied to a division called div_Main_content. The problem
is that this division is being rendered about 2ems short of what it
should be, as you can clearly see if you open the web page (index.css)
in Opera. I'm surprised, since an earlier division of the page (called
subdiv_Unit_title), which has the same rule applied (line 46 in the
style sheet), behaves as expected.

Could someone please advise me whether this problem constitutes a bug in
Opera.

Question Two
------------
Is anyone aware of restrictions in use of the 'overflow' property,
specifically, whether browsers are supposed to interpret 'overflow' to
cut off nested divisions? In the style sheet referenced above
(Home.css), I have a wrapper division called div_Content that encloses
all other content in the html file. If you apply the 'overflow: hidden'
rule to div_Content (i.e. include line 27 of Home.css, currently
commented out), only the first nested division (div_Banner) is
displayed; the two sibling divisions of div_Banner (called
div_Table_of_contents and div_Main_content respectively) are ignored.
All of the browsers I have tried (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari)
display in the same way.

I cannot understand this behaviour as the height of div_Content has not
been restricted. Could someone please explain what is going on.

Question Three
--------------
I have applied the rule 'outline: thin solid black;' to the body element
in order to see how each browser renders the body. All except Firefox
place the divisions div_Table_of_contents and div_Main_content outside
the body box (as I would expect as these divisions are absolutely
positioned), whereas Firefox contains both divisions within the body
box.

Could someone please advise whether this is an error in Firefox's
rendering of the page.

Many thanks and regards,

Grant Bailey