as interesting as it is... how about you guys communicate off list.

On 22/01/2010 12:09 PM, Joseph Taylor wrote:
Marvin,

As I send over items I notice - for now forget about HTML 4.01 or HTML 5 and stay with XHTML for the moment.

Things to fix then get back to me:

Inside the div tag with the id of "banner_new" you have double break tags surrounding both the first level heading and the image. I see the same thing in the navigation area.

I'd rather see you use CSS to create those spaces.

For the heading element you could use this CSS:

div#banner_new h1 { margin: 20px 0; }

For the navigation:

div#navigation { margin: 20px 0; }

This would put a 20 pixel space at the top and bottom of the elements.

If you choose to leave the break tags in place (it's your call), you need to add the forward slash prior to closing the tag so they validate.

Try those changes and get back to me.

Joseph R. B. Taylor
/Web Designer / Developer/
Sites by Joe, LLC
/"Clean, Simple and Elegant Web Design"/
Phone: (609) 335-3076
Web: http://sitesbyjoe.com
Email: j...@sitesbyjoe.com