> Fwiw, I don't agree about accesskeys [1].

The article on your site seems to advocate the use of access keys. The
concept of allowing users to define which access keys they can use is
an interesting and clever approach. Have you got an example of this
out in the wild? There are certainly pitfalls with access keys. That
fact there isn't a set of standard access keys across various
platforms/browsers, is a real shame and goes against them
tremendously. Is this why your feelings on access key usage has
changed? Or do you have some other reservations?

> Using title on anchors is also something I would not do. These links are
> meaningful already and title is ignored by most screen-reader users anyway.
> Besides, the tooltip that title creates is often a problem for people using
> screen magnifiers.

I think that any additional content that might help a user, sight
impaired or otherwise, can't be a bad thing. It adds to the document's
semantic value and might also aid in SEO. You are right however, some
screen readers will ignore this 'extra' content (other side of the
coin, some will not). I think the problem is that the 'title'
attribute is abused or used incorrectly. If it doesn't contain any
additional semantic value, then perhaps it should be omitted. I was
unaware that screen magnifiers may experience problems with
tooltips... Thanks for the tip (no pun intended) on that.

Karl