From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Lea de Groot
Sent: 11 June 2010 13:33
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] IE6 Finally Nearing Extinction [STATS]

On 11/06/10 9:32 PM, Foskett, Mike wrote:
> I just took a peek at our own stats for May 2010.
>
> A very large set limited to UK online shoppers only.
>
> And I couldn't agree less with the article.

I have a couple of large .au 'mum and dad' sites (ie, not techie) and I
have similar results to your .uk figures:

Internet Explorer       67.11%
Firefox                 17.19%
Safari                  9.70%
Chrome                  4.67%

with specific IE figures of
IE8.0   59.08%
IE7.0   28.46%
IE6.0   12.44%

ie IE 6 is at 8.3% overall - lower than your numbers, but still worth
testing for.

Interestingly, I have iphone/ipod numbers at 2.77% and rising fast - I
guess I better get those mobile versions up!

Lea
--
Lea de Groot
Elysian Systems

This is a confidential email. Tesco may monitor and record all emails. The
views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not Tesco.

Tesco Stores Limited
Company Number: 519500
Registered in England
Registered Office: Tesco House, Delamare Road, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire EN8 9SL
VAT Registration Number: GB 220 4302 31