From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Al Sparber
Sent: 17 October 2010 02:49
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Long documents

> On 10/16/10 6:19 PM, grant_malcolm_bai...@westnet.com.au wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there any standard (official or otherwise) that limits the length
>> of single web pages?
>>
>> I edit an online journal which contains articles of up to 7000 words.
>> Currently each article resides on a single web page which the viewer
>> must scroll to read. Some of the articles are 10-20 'screens' in length.
>>
>> If anyone could clarify whether there is a standard and, if so, how
>> such documents should be presented, I would be grateful. If you want
>> to look at the journal I'm talking about see www.baileyandireland.com.

I wouldn't change a thing. You could split the articles into x-number of pages
with page links at the bottom, but text loads very
quickly and unless you limit a page to a single paragraph or two, people are
invariably going to need to scroll so you may as well
have the entire article on the page. Makes printing easy, too.

--
Al Sparber - PVII
http://www.projectseven.com

This is a confidential email. Tesco may monitor and record all emails. The
views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not Tesco.

Tesco Stores Limited
Company Number: 519500
Registered in England
Registered Office: Tesco House, Delamare Road, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire EN8 9SL
VAT Registration Number: GB 220 4302 31