On 1/18/11 6:49 AM, designer wrote:
I making an html5 site with a few galleries, each one being a grid of images 4 rows of three thumbnails. Clicking the thumbnails provides a 600px wide image via lightbox++. The images are all 600px wide, but the heights are different. When it comes to making the galleries visible on a mobile phone I do not have a problem since I've made the structure elastic and the grid shrinks to 6 rows of 2 images. Fine. BUT : clearly, the lightbox images simply do not fit on the small screen and I wondered if anyone has solved the problem of how to stop the lightbox working on small screens? Media queries?
All suggestions welcome.
Many thanks,
Bob

Try it the other way around: lay it out in mobile first?
@media only screen and (max-width:480px),only screen and (max-device-width:480px) {...}

Best,
~d

--