On 5/21/11 5:22 PM, Telford Computer Doctor wrote:

Just in the process of designing a website for a client, just wondering whether iPad, iPhone, mobile users could give me some feedback as to the jQuery used - whether it works basically.

http://www.telfordcomputerdoctor.co.uk/lt

Only the homepage is complete at the moment, as it is still in design stages.

Thanks in advance,
Mike @ Telford Computer Doctor

Mobile:
Samsung Galaxy Prevail [Android/2.2.2] for BoostMobile [low-end "smart phone" with touch screen].

The page is not "mobile-friendly" on this end.
Full width header footer. Content two column.
Content in left column and 3 column footer unreadable on landing portrait or landscape. +3 or +4 font-scaling necessary to make content readable but this draws a horizontal scroll bar.

You may find this article by Bruce Lawson helpful in determining the mobile strategy you and your client wish to employ...
<http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/the-mobile-web-optimization-guide/>

Desktop [if of concern]:
Landing on primary content tiny-type at 116.5dpi on a MacBook Pro may be as difficult for some of your users as it is for me. Minimum font-size 16 set in the prefs in Mac Firefox/3.6.17 causes the contact info to break out the right-side of the outermost container. Minimum font-size 32 set in the prefs in Mac Opera/11.11 [same as above] and the 3col footer content breaks out the bottom of the outermost container.

Best wishes and good luck,
~d

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/