Please see this.

http://bit.ly/mWvfWC

The reason I want to target body tag in media queries is because I don't want
to panelize mobile user to load the large background image.  I started first
with min-width but the result was more problematic, so I switched to max-width.
As to the reason why there is a min-width and max-width separately for 1024px
is because I want to use a background image (no repeat-x) that fills up the
width of the desktop's screen (e.g. 2500px), and there is no reason to ask the
1024 screen resolutions' user loads this large image.

tee