I would remove the clear rule below copyright p tag, and change the bottom
frame of the bg image to a new div with background position: left top, then
wrap the copyright p tag  and all the ULs starts from navFoot in this new div.

e.g.
.footer {background: (bottom-frame.jpg) no-repeat center top; clear:both;
overflow:hidden}

all elements outside the frame go here

Whenever there is element floated left and right, the only way to make IE7
behaves is wrap them in a div.

Notice there is go-up menu for language, if absolute position is used
somewhere, don't declare overflow in the .footer, but keep the clear rule after
the copyright p tag so that the menu doen't get cut off.

Hope this helps!

tee