From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Grant Bailey
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:08 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] Is it possible to style an attribute?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could clarify whether it is possible to style an
attribute. I realise this sounds odd, so allow me to explain what I wish to
do.

In my web page there are a number of terms that need to be defined. I like
the user to be able to hover over the term and get the definition that way.
For example:

<dfn title="Made famous in the &#8216;Star Trek&#8217 TV
series>teleportation</dfn>

... produces

Made famous in the 'Star Trek' TV series

... when the user hovers over the defined term 'teleportation'.

I would prefer the words 'Star Trek' to appear in italics instead (yes, I am
fussy). Is there any way to do this?

I would be grateful for responses.

Thank you and kind regards,

Grant Bailey