Hi Kevin,

thank you for your feedback, I do recall times when this list was quite
more active :)

I found out I can use WAI-ARIA with html5 polyglot, without any aditional
schema or doctype, I was tired the other day, and not thinking straight.

The reason it wasn't validating, is because polyglot markup is considerably
stricter, relying on older specifications, so it does not allow most new
wai-aria roles and states from the latest realese candidate specification.

I'm still testing against validation, what structures can I use, and what
elements can take them (I imagine the rc specs are way ahead the validator,
one cannot really follow their examples without testing) but its better
then nothing.

Anyway, I was hoping wai-aria could fill in the gap if javascript was
unavalilable, but state change reliy heavily on javascript, so no miracles
yet. It still is nice to have some control over the NVDAs announcements. It
promisses to be a steep learning curve, and a longer headset time hearing
strange html announcements, no doubt a challenge.

thank you so much
isabel

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Kevin L. Erickson <kevinlerick...@gmail.com