On 9/14/2021 10:55 AM, Rich - K1HTV via wsjt-devel wrote:
*"When operating on FT8, I ran WSJT-X and JTDX in parallel. The JTDX decode capability on weak signals is significantly better - but JTDX doesn't recognize contest mode. I had several contacts that decoded only on JTDX so I had to manually advance the transmit side exchange on WSJT-X each time. I had only one occasion when I decoded a wanted signal in WSJT-X only. What a pain!"*

More than a few fine 6M ops hanging out on the Slack VHF channel have done the same experiment, with the same result. I did it early in the 2000 season on the advice of N6ML, and again in 2021. Both years, by late May I was using JTDX exclusively for FT8, and ran WSJT-X only for modes that JTDX does not support. JTDX has other virtues and faults, but if you want to work weak signals on FT8, it's the clear choice.

BTW -- I also reported that result here last year.

73, Jim K9YC