On 4/27/2023 12:28 PM, Glenn Williams via wsjt-devel wrote:
Yes exactly.  After hundreds of QSOs and two+ years that's getting old. But I do really understand the issues with revising good code.

Except for contesting, it has ALWAYS been good operating practice to do a LOT more listening than transmitting. We should ALWAYS listen for a while before transmitting, first to "get the lay of the land with respect to activity and propagation," and then to choose a TX frequency that we think is least likely to QRM someone.

Likewise, if we call CQ (or another station) for more than a few calls without a response, it's good operating practice to pause for at least one cycle to check what's happening on your frequency.

73, Jim K9YC