Hi Tom, thanks for your measured response. I really appreciate this kind of
input.

Yes, JavaScript is a concern and needs some further thought to be inclusive
of the browsers and address accessibility concerns. I'm particularly aware
Of MOBHTMLs need for a fallback to meet DDA requirements. I'm not keen on
going
down the route of writing browser extensions as that would have limited the
cross
browser compatibility.

There are certainly solutions that perform the transformation server side
and there is no reason not to develop MOBHTML to coexist with these in fall
back situations rather than add extra processing. MOBHTML doesn't
in itself require any server side scripting.

I didn't want to get drawn into the bandwidth discussion as document
structure in MOBHTML is no different to images. The questions
about bandwidth question the whole concept of HTML and the web - which
seems a fruitless exercise.

The JavaScript presented is verbose for proof of concept so that anyone who
cares
to can read and critique the code. For production I'd want to
obfuscate/compress
the JavaScript and strip all comments which should bring the size down to
15K (for safe obfuscation) or 8K( when compressed).

Since bandwidth is being debated , with advertising scripting and flash ,
video
Streaming, animations, PDF, etc the web today typically doesn't have a good
user experience towards dialup connections. Its a pre existing issue that is

beyond the scope of what MOBHTML should address. EBay for example has a home

page weight of around 160-180K+ with 171 images that need to be loaded to
display the page. And this is not the heaviest page around.

Thanks for the other tips I'll take some time to address the points
raised by the various people and add responses here and to
to the MOBHTML project.

Thanks again and take care

Sunil