I have Ubuntu 12.04 users with hand-compiled wxWidgets 2.9.5 using
current wxHaskell HEAD (2f065e5348343ab95ad3f1465af2619d31bcdf37)

I was using something similar on MacOSX 10.7 (Lion), but now that I've
upgraded to 10.9, I do seem to have some breakage.  Part of it is
confusing though because I also figured I'd try building against
wxWidgets 3.0 (with some tweaks to wxHaskell src to allow for this).

So on 10.7 OK, on 10.9 still having runtime linker error

Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>