Hi all,

Many thanks Henry for putting this together, and on debugging quite a
number of issues. I have been very busy on the day job, and far less
responsive than I would have wished.

On 3 July 2012 02:31, Henry Lockyer <henry.lock...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Dear wxHaskell users / aspiring users,
>
> These are a few notes from getting a working 64bit installation of
> wxHaskell on Mac OS in case they are of any use to anyone.
>
> - This is for a 64-bit configuration starting from having 64-bit ghc 7.0.4
>  (HP 2011.4.0.0 64)
>
> - Mac os 10.6.8 snow leopard (with xcode 3.2.6)
>
> (This is not currently listed as a "known working configuration" at
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/WxHaskell/MacOS_X )
>
> wxHaskell version issue:
> There is a linking problem with using the current wxc-0.90.0.3 and
> wxcore-0.90.0.1 from Hackage.
> They install ok but ghci throws a load of 'undefined symbols' when
> compiling from haskell using wxcore or wx .
> Thanks to Jeremy O'D. for identifying that the problem should disappear
> again in the latest development versions,
> which I got from:    https://github.com/jodonoghue/wxHaskell

I have uploaded the working code for wxc and wxcore from Github to Hackage.
This means that you should now be able to cabal install all of the
wxHaskell components.

Many apologies for the undue delay in getting this done.

If it's OK with you Henry, I'll copy the instructions you used to the
wxHaskell wiki page.

Best regards
Jeremy