On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 21:33:52 +0200, Gregory Guthrie <guth...@mum.edu>
wrote:

> I did an upgrade to the current Haskell Platform (2014.2.0.0, = ghci
> 7.8), and now wxHaskell seems to be broken.
>
> Environment seems to be OK:
>    WXC_VERSION = 0.90.0.3

It is better to install wxHaskell 0.91

>    GHC_Version = 7.8.3
>    WxWin = e:\plang\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.0.1
>    WxCfg = gcc_dll\mswu
> PATH set as per directions
> (https://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/WxHaskell/Windows).
> I do notice that page is in terms of Version 2.9.5, I am not sure how
> that relates to the 3.0.1 version installed (as above).

The installation procedure is exactly the same, the page is updated in the
meanwhile.

> I installed wxWidgets from: wxMSW-3.0.1-Setup
>
> I did not build from source, but instead used: wxMSW.exe;
> I also did a cabal install of (wx, wxcore), and all seemed to go well.
>
> But;
>     trying to run wxHello in GHCi fails - can't find uuid.dll

You have to install several DLLs as described in
   https://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/WxHaskell/Windows#DLLs

GHCi cannot handle wxHaskell at the moment, see

>    Trying to compile from GHC works, but execution fails: Cannot fine
> procedure entry point wxBitmapToggleButton_Create in dynamic library
> wxc.dll
>
>    Trying to run from Leksah, fails: cabal missing dependency GLFW -any

I will investigate these points.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--