> Francesco Montorsi ha scritto:
> >> 1) STC (more generically CONTRIB) problem

I tried to disconnect wxSTC from the wxWidgets wrappers last night. I
think it will take some doing however. Since they'll share the same
lua namespace, they don't have to, but I would like the generic
flexibility of putting multiple wrappers into the same namespace, any
additional wrappers overwrite earlier ones. I have to do some reading
up on how to add more to lua in C. I hope it won't be too hard.

> >> 2) wxLUA_USE_wxCriticalSectionLocker is not defined - maybe it should
> >> be added to wxluasetup.h
> >
> > looking to wxluasetup.h I've found that there is a heading which says
> > that it's generated by "utils/get_luasetup"; however I couldn't find
> > that util.
> > Is that true or that's an old comment?

That is a simple little utility, basicly just grep wxLUA_USE* for the
.i files. I will try to find it if I can.

> >> 3) wxLua application needs wxStyledTextCtrl wrapper and an error
> >> should be given when it's not available instead of just failing it at
> >> runtime (IMO)

See above about separating it.

> > 6) there are various files which have lines like:
> >         #include "../../../art/something.xpm"
> >    these needs to be changed!
> >    If noone is contrary, I'll do these changes.
> fixed and committed the changes.

ok.

> > 7) can I start to connect the options WXLUASETUP_DIR and
> > WXLUABINDLIB_DIR to the build system ?
> Before starting this work, I need to know exactly how they must work ;)
>
> If I'm right, they should be used not to *modify* the build of the
> wxbind module of wxLua (which should always use the
> modules/wxbind/src/wxluasetup.h header and should always go in the lib/
> folder) but rather to *create* a new library, built from same sources of
> wxbind module, which would be created in the WXLUABINDLIB_DIR folder and
> which would use the wxluasetup.h found in the WXLUASETUP_DIR path.
> Is it right ?

I would be nice to be able to build the wxbind lib for different
wxluasetup.h files, one lib for the wxLua app and others for your
programs that use wxLua as a library. Sorry, I didn't follow this too
closely.

Regards,
    John Labenski