Hi,

John Labenski ha scritto:
On 2/25/06, Francesco Montorsi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi John,
    I've created a little patch for wxLuaEdit to make it possible to
call it from command line with .lua files to open directly in the editor.

This patch will make life a lot easier for win32 and also unix users IMO.

Can I apply it ?

Yes.

Francesco

PS: the patch works ok when you specify zero or one file in the command
line. When you specify two or more, wxLuaEditor opens only the last.
This is not a bug with my patch but seems something scintilla-related: I
get the same behaviour using the File->Open cmd. I.e. the new files I
load do not go as additional items in the "Files" splitterwnd but rather
replace the already-open file.
Is it because of wxCVS ?

You have to add files to the wxSTEditorNotebook not to the editor, add
the first file to the editor and remaining ones to the notebook. See
the wxstedit sample.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/wxcode/wxCode/components/wxstedit/samples/stedit/wxstedit.cpp?view=markup

see the code below this comment
// If there are any good files left, try to load them

-John
That was very useful !

I've copied also some other code to make it warn the user about eventually-unloadable files and committed it.

However there is still another problem I see: unlike wxlua, wxluaedit always opens the user-chosen files on the same notebook page.

I searched the code which does this but I couldn't found it by sure. Is it the fileLoad() function in the editor.wx.lua file ? In any case I think it would be nice to have the File->Open menuitem of wxLuaEdit to open files in new notebook pages.

Francesco