On 4/15/06, Ray Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Working my way through compiling components for wxLua
>
> wxStEdit will not link for DLL libs
>
> --------------------Configuration: stedit - Win32 DLL Debug
> Multilib--------------------
> Compiling...
> steexprt.cpp
> C:\WX\wxCode\components\wxstedit\src\steexprt.cpp(1582)
> : warning C4189: 'titleFullPath' : local variable is initialized but not
> referenced
> Linking...
>    Creating library ..\lib/steditd.lib and object ..\lib/steditd.exp
> steexprt.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: class
> SString & __thiscall SString::assign(char const *,unsigned int)"
> steditd.dll - 7 error(s), 1 warning(s)
>
> John,
>
> I think the problem is that wxWidgets stc dll does not export
> SContainer/SString etc which you use in steexprt
>
> Can you help out?

Yep, I changed it to use std::string instead. I'm trying to keep the
code in the export file as close as possible to the original so that I
can pick up any bug fixes in the original. It compiles now using gcc
and MSVC6.

Let me know if there are any other problems, I've never compiled using DLLs.

Regards,
    John Labenski