Here are some things I did to build wxLua_Snapshot_2006-08-04.tar.gz
on Windows XP using mingw/msys. I don't pretend that these are the
"right" fixes for wxLua sources. Many are to generated files rather
than source files -- done out of ignorance of the full build process.
Others may interfere with successful builds with other tools or on
different targets. I am reporting them to help those attempting to
build with mingw/msys; maybe the authors/maintainers will find them
useful as well.

I started with an installed wxWidgets 2.6.3 and wxstedit 1.2.1. I
extracted wxLua_Snapshot_2006-08-04.tar.gz and did a
$ ../configure --disable-debug --enable-shared --enable-unicode
--enable-wxluaedit-app

configure was unable to find wxstedit; apparently the method the
configure script uses to find wxstedit is not meant for Windows, it
seems to mess up with WXDLLEXPORT. Ignoring that, I did a make. It
proceeds for a while and then fails to compile wx_bind.cpp (this has
been reported earlier on this list as a bug in mingw's gcc 3.4.x).

1. hack wx_bind.cpp after make chokes on it inserting these lines:

#ifdef __MINGW32__
const wxPoint wxDefaultPositionHack = wxDefaultPosition;
const wxSize wxDefaultSizeHack = wxDefaultSize;
#define wxDefaultPosition wxDefaultPositionHack
#define wxDefaultSize wxDefaultSizeHack
#endif

before:

WXLUAOBJECT* wxLuaGetObjectList_wx(size_t &count)

2. in modules/wxluadebug/src/splttree.cpp add:

#ifdef __MINGW32__
#undef UNREFERENCED_PARAMETER
#endif

after includes and before:

static wxTreeItemId defaultTreeItemId;

3. in {my-build}/modules/Makefile add -lws2_32 to WX_LIBS

4. in {my-build}/apps/Makefile change:

WX_RESCOMP =

to:

WX_RESCOMP = windres --include-dir /usr/local/include/wx-2.6

5. in apps/wxlua/src/wxlua.rc  remove "..\\" from icon

6. in {my-build}/apps/Makefile add -lws2_32 to WX_LIBS

7. in apps/wxluacan/src/cansim.rc  remove "..\\" from icon

8. in apps/wxluafreeze/src/wxluafreeze.rc  remove "..\\" from icon