I guess VC6 doesn't like that wx2lua and lua2wx are inline functions
in a header file included by multiple libs. Since I don't use DLLs
myself I can see a few different things we can try.

1) Add /FORCE:MULTIPLE to the linker options
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/72zdcz6f.aspx

2) Put the body of the functions into the cpp file and remove the
inline. Slower, but smaller.

3) Maybe the problem is that WXDLLIMPEXP_WXLUA is defined when
building the wxlua dll, but WXDLLIMPEXP_WXLUASOCKET is defined when
building the wxluasocket dll and so that wx2lua and lua2wx are not
exported for the socket lib. Maybe add this

#ifdef WXMAKINGDLL_WXLUASOCKET && !defined(WXDLLIMPEXP_WXLUA)
#define WXDLLIMPEXP_WXLUA
#endif

so that it gets the import symbol too. Note that this must be put
someplace so that it gets parsed before modules/wxlua/wxluadefs.h
does.

I think #2 is the simplest option and at the cost of speed, maybe not
having so many inline functions might be a good thing as well.

Any thoughts about these? Thanks.
    John Labenski