On 9/4/06, Adam Klotblixt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all, first post so be gentle with me :)

No problem.

> I have used the 2.6.2 binary for Windows for 2 weeks now. Unfortunately the
> wxluaedit application leaks memory something awful, at least 2kb per second.
> After 30 minutes the applikation is unusable, having taken more than 50Mb
> and using +90% CPU time regardless of what is done (just blinking the
> cursor). Closing the applikation then takes more than 1 hour, but killing
> the process works.
> I saw someone else on the list had the same problem, and the suggested fix
> was to get the latest nightly source and build it. I have tried and failed
> miserably, using MSVC++ 6.0. More than half a day has been wasted trying to
> get it all running. In the end I failed to link wxluaedit. I don't even know
> for sure if the latest nightly build is actually possible to build with MSVC
> 6.0?

Yes, just go into the wxLua/build/msw and open wxLua.dsw and build. I
like to use Debug/Release Multilib.

I just tried it and I get all kinds of warnings about functions
changing signatures... I dunno what this is all about, but I think the
build settings have changed and it crashes immediately when run with
no useful backtrace. I'll look into it tomorrow night.

> Quick fix: could someone please share a pre-built binary of the latest
> build? Wxluaedit is what I need the most.

See above, I tried to compile it for you, but something's gone wrong.
It runs great in Linux though. :) Seriously, it's probably something
small, like a compiler switch, but it's not immediately obvious to me
what it is.

> Long-term fix: nightly/weekly binary builds on the download side would be
> very nice. I read the history-file with 2.6.3 notations and wept as I wanted
> so many of the fixes.
>
> My current hack-solution is to use the editor for 30 minutes, kill it and
> repeat. Not very impressive.

That does stink, sorry.

> Praise: I REALLY like LUA, and wxlua is a perfect fit for my current needs.
> wxluaedit, when working, is rather nice to use. I have regained some
> programming-lust.

Soon... we're very close to really getting all the build stuff
working. It's a shame that as much work goes into making it build
cross-platform as goes into actual programming.

Regards,
   John Labenski