On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:01 AM, andre arpin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> John Labenski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>  I agree it is just that wxLuaFreeze would have had to create a new program so
>  I use the name lux.

Ok I see, you want the equivalent of wxLuaFreeze, but using the wx.dll
instead os staticly linking to the rest of wxLua.

>  Yes what I like to have is Lua with wx.dll.
>  I can compile wx.dll using the library specified by wxlua.
>  It works for most programs, so it is probably the right libraries.
>  When it fail it is because of an addressing error.
>  I have try to narrow the problem down.
>  binding fail when you open a folder.
>  editor when you open a 3 th file.
>  One of my own program fail when I try to open a file.
>
>  The all seem to be memory related. I do not undestand LUA enough to be able
>  find the exact cause of the problem. It is usable but not really stable.

I think you have a misconfigured build, try to clean it *all* and
rebuild and take note of any warnings. Do you have any of the problems
with the binaries at sourceforge?

>  Why using the name wx.dll. Wouldn't wxlua.dll more appropriate. One could
>  imagine wxlua.dll being used with the regular wx.dll then the name would not
>  conflict. Maybe I am confused.

I don't think anyone else makes a wx.dll? Do they? We use wx.dll for
historical reasons, though it would make sense to call it wxlua.dll to
make it play nicely in a system lib dir.

Regards,
    John