On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM, João Mendes <lord....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I could almost using cmake.
> Attached the output generated by mingw32-make when i try compile.

I'm glad you noticed the update, I build wxWidgets trunk and wxLua
using mingw without a hitch after the last fixes. I believe that we
even built wxWidgets with the same options, though I built with
UNICODE=1, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm confused about the "undefined references" as I didn't get them.
Note that I build both wxLua and wxWidgets for Debug.

Here's the docs for how I did it, eventually they'll be part of the
install.html.

Build wxWidgets
2.4 - Build using MinGW

    Download mingw-get-inst-20120426.exe or an appropriate newer
version to automatically download and install a fully working system.
    Run the installer and select "C Compiler," "C++ Compiler," "MSYS
Basic System," and the "MinGW Developer Toolkit" at minimum.
        It is probably best to install to a directory without a space
in the name.
    Open a cmd.exe (DOS) prompt and cd to wxWidgets\build\msw\
        Run set PATH=C:\MinGW\bin;%PATH% so that the compiler can be found.
        Or optionally set a system wide environment variable PATH to
point to the \bin\ directory of the MinGW install.
    Or use the MinGW shell which has the PATH already set, but note
that this shell is a Linux (Cygwin) shell rather than a DOS shell so
it works a little differently.
        If you are unfamiliar with Unix or Linux you should probably
use the cmd.exe (DOS) prompt.
    The build is configured by config.gcc, but don't edit it, rather
override the default values of the variables on the make command line.
    To build static libs run this command :
        32-bit : mingw32-make.exe -f makefile.gcc SHARED=0 UNICODE=1
BUILD=[debug,release]
    To build shared libs (DLLs) run this command :
        32-bit : mingw32-make.exe -f makefile.gcc SHARED=1 UNICODE=1
BUILD=[debug,release] MONOLITHIC=1
    You can speed up compilation by adding the flag -jN, e.g. -j4 to
use four processors, for multi-processor compilation.
        Note that you may have to run make multiple times since you
may initially get errors since the compilers are not synced.

Build wxLua
4.2 - CMake with MinGW

    See the section above titled Build using MinGW for more
information about getting and using MinGW.

    Choose the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE that you want.
        Note that you MUST have built wxWidgets in debug for a wxLua
Debug build, but a wxWidgets release build works with a wxLua Release,
MinSizeRel, RelWithDebInfo build.
    To find wxWidgets you must set the variable
wxWidgets_ROOT_DIR=/path/to/wxWidgets
    Press "Configure," but it probably won't work just yet.
    To find the libraries for wxWidgets (you may have compilied a
variety of them) you must also set the variable
wxWidgets_LIB_DIR=/path/to/wxWidgets/lib/gcc_lib
        gcc_dll for DLLs
    Press "Configure" and now it should work, the output window should
say "Configuring done" and the log should have a complete description
of your wxWidgets build.
    Press "Generate" to have CMake write out the build files.
    Open a cmd.exe prompt to run mingw32-make.exe help to display all
the available targets.
    If you run mingw32-make.exe with no parameters you will build
everything, which is probably best.
    All the apps are put into build\bin\Debug or Release, MinSizeRel,
RelWithDebInfo as appropriate.

Hope this helps,
    John