Hi John,

One more update. I didn't mention how I got the app running, which is
the best configuration I can get so far. I deployed wx.dll and
wxlua_lua_shared-wx28mswu-2.8.12.dll as well as lua_shared.exe
(renamed as lua.exe) and kept my *current lua5.1.dll* file. This way I
could get the app started even though it still crashes in several
places (but at least the luasocket library is working).

I'm also getting strange errors where I had none before; for example,

Expected an 'unsigned integer' for parameter 1, but got a 'number'.
Function called: 'wxMilliSleep(number)'
01. wxMilliSleep(integer)

Is it possible that there is something wrong with the binding as
"unsigned integer" should be easily mappable to "number"?

Another strange error is this:

wxLua: Creating a callback function in a coroutine is not allowed
since it will only be called when the thread is either suspended or
dead.
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'Connect'

This is probably in reference to this normally looking code (it's not
using any coroutines):

  frame:Connect(wx.wxEVT_CLOSE_WINDOW,
    function(event)
      if inloop then event:Skip() frame = nil else os.exit() end
    end)

In addition to that, I'm getting an appcrash when I close the app
(inside ntdll.dll), but this is likely because I'm using your lua.exe
with my dll from a previous version. For some reason using my current
lua.exe crashes the app with an error in
wxlua_lua_shared-wx28mswu-2.8.12.dll (which I reported earlier).

Paul.