Hi John,

I think I'm close, but still not there yet. I did get luawx.dll
library, but it's 12+M in size and it depends on
libwxlua_lua51-wx28mswu-2.8.12.dll (which seems to be a renamed lua
dll). There are also several other libraries, but the application
seems to work without them:

12,318,932 libwx.dll
 3,480,509 libwxlua-wx28mswu-2.8.12.dll
11,973,978 libwxlua_bind-wx28mswu-2.8.12.dll
 3,413,790 libwxlua_debug-wx28mswu-2.8.12.dll
   215,408 libwxlua_lua51-wx28mswu-2.8.12.dll
 3,405,545 libwxlua_socket-wx28mswu-2.8.12.dll
    61,395 lua.exe
   219,561 luac.exe

Why do all the names start from libwx? Also, the library seems to be
much larger in size than yours (12M vs. 5.5M) and this is in
MinSizeRel configuration. I couldn't find any setting that would
affect the size.

Is this possible to link against an existing *real* lua.dll
(lua5.1.dll or lua51.dll), rather than against
libwxlua_lua51-wx28mswu-2.8.12.dll?

All I need is a standalone wx.dll I can compile in Unicode
configuration that I can use with my lua dll. Is this possible?

Paul.