I am afraid that this post got lost because I was mixing threads. So I
repost it in new thread:

Compiling wxLua with wxWidgets 2.9.4 but not with 2.8.12 I get an assertion
when running wx.lua.sample and  mouse
is over  the left margin (markers and so on) of a wxstc.editor

assert "Assert failure" failed in InitFromStock(): Loading a cursor defined
by wxWidgets failed, did you include include/wx/msw/wx.rc file from your
resource file?
'LoadCursor' failed with error 0x00000714 (there was not resource section on
the image

after continuing the program

'LoadCursor' failed with error 0x00000000 (no error)

If not on debugger the program just crashes after assert.

Best Regards
Victor Bombi