Hi John,

I also looked at wxSTEditor::RefEditor (src/stedit.cpp) that has
similar logic, but it didn't shed any light on why what I am doing
below is not working.

> local docpointer = e1:GetDocPointer()
> e2:AddRefDocument(docpointer) --<-- crashes here

It actually crashes whether I use e1 or e2 to add a reference.
Similarly, using SetDocPointer crashes too. This is all using wxlua
2.8.12 with wxwidgets 2.8.12 on windows. Any hint on how to make it
work would be appreciated.

Paul.