Hi,

I need to get wxLua running with Lua 5.0.2. I think I made all the necessary
changes and I have it basically working now but at the end when lua_close()
is called on the lua_State it always crashes.

Digging deeper into the issue, I found out that the destructor functions invoked
by the garbage collector are always the cause for this crash. Most of the time
it crashes in the destructor for wxLua_wxGridCellCoords_delete_function() which
looks like this:

void wxLua_wxGridCellCoords_delete_function(void** p)
{
    wxGridCellCoords* o = (wxGridCellCoords*)(*p);
    delete o;
}

Precisely, the crash always occurs in the call to "delete".

However, it doesn't always crash in the destructor of wxGridCellCoords class.
Sometimes it also crashes in the destructor of wxBrush, wxImage,
wxAcceleratorTable,
etc. But it always crashes in one of the destructor functions!

Could this have something to do with my adaptation for Lua 5.0? I know that
there have been huge improvements in the garbage collector in Lua 5.1 and maybe
wxLua depends on some 5.1 garbage collector feature that isn't there in my 5.0
version? Could this be the cause of these strange crashes on lua_close()?

Thanks for some feedback!

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                          mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com