Sure could use some help.

The wxWidgets install looked to go smoothly with no errors in the log. BUT,
when I tried to run /samples/widgets, nothing happens, and the terminal
goes unresponsive.

I am following the directions here:
http://wxlua.sourceforge.net/docs/install.html , installed in it's own
directory as OSX, debug, unicode build.

How would I debug this?

I don't know what logs to look at. The system.log is giving me this for
what it is worth:

Mar 11 14:04:54 Roys-MacBook-Pro.local Console[394]: CGSCopyDisplayUUID:
Invalid display 0x1a493041
Mar 11 14:04:54 Roys-MacBook-Pro.local firefox[393]: CGSCopyDisplayUUID:
Invalid display 0x1a493041

I am a PC based web programmer (PHP, MySql, JQuery, a little Python) diving
in and learning OSX, terminal and Lua/wxLua, wanting to move into mobile
development.

wxWidgets-3.0.0 | Lua-5.2.2 | OSX-10.9.2

Roy Hinkelman

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education.
-- Wilson Mizner