  From: Victor Bombi
  To: wxlua-users@lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2015 8:37 PM
  Subject: Re: [wxlua-users] wxString::ToAscii

  the problem is converting from ANSI to UNICODE

  wxLua unicode build converts as if the string were UTF8 to UNICODE
  it works from code 1 to 127 but fails on 128-255 which are not valid UTF
  0 is discarded in lua2wx
      if (luastr == NULL) return wxEmptyString; // check for NULL
  which is a problem for lua strings with embeded ceros

  using AddTextRaw uses the string as an already UNICODE string so 1-255 are
visible althought 128-255 dont show ANSI caracters

  So would be ideal to having a function for converting from ANSI to UTF or UTF
to ANSI (it depends on the ANSI codepage)

  as in http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/overview_mbconv.html example 1

  (or may be ANSI to UNICODE and UNICODE to ANSI)