Hi Milind,

> Apart from binding.html is there any other tutorial or cheat sheet how to
> translate wxWidgets include files to a interface file?

Not really, but I can suggest looking through some of the existing
bindings (including *_override.hpp files), as there is a variety of
binding from really simple to more complex ones that handle out
parameters and accept/return lua tables instead of lists of values.

The bindings are quite forgiving and will accept the files that look
like header files; you may need to add `%wxchkver_3_2_1` statements
(as a line or block statement) to indicate when a particular API
change should be applied. The rest should be done by the genwxbind
script; in those cases when something non-standard (or more complex)
needs to be done, you can add an *_override.hpp file to provide the
necessary (manual) binding.

> In the wxlua/bindings directory readme it says that the  output bindings are
> placed at modules/wxbind and modules/wxbindstc. It seems wxbindstc is no
> more. I think stc binding rules place it in modules/wxbind. Is this updated
> to only generate at modules/wxbind?

Correct; stc has been combined with the rest of the modules in modules/wxbind.

> What is the purpose of the files: any-bind-sync.lua, stc-bind-sync.lua?

Originally all binding updates have been done manually, which may
become quite tedious and difficult to maintain for large release
changes. I wrote any-bind-sync.lua and stc-bind-sync.lua to help with
some of that work. It uses wxwidgets interface files to pull changes
for specific versions and then compares those changes with the
existing bindings to figure out what needs to be updated and what
needs to be added/removed. You still need to pass it a specific
version number, so you can go from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1, but you can't go
from 3.1.0 to 3.2.0, as the script won't know where to get the changes
for intermediate releases.

It replaces some of the manual work (and only for those classes that
are listed in the script), but still requires reviewing of the
results. It's supposed to only update interface files (*.i) and you
can then simply rerun the bindings generator (genwxbind script) to
apply the changes. Let me know if you have any other questions or run
into any issues with adding classes you're interested in.

Paul.