Am 09.01.2014 09:34, schrieb Mike Gabriel:

I don't think we will provide a fix for the reported bug, as your system
does not seem to comply to Posix standards.

If you think I am wrong about this, please give feedback.

I agree that we shouldn't try to fix what obviously isn't broken on our side, however, we could try to check for the issue and provide a clear error message as to what is wrong.

I don't know what programming language the particular part of x2goserver is written in, but I would hope that something like this is possible in it (pseudocode):

StrippedUsername = strip_non_ascii(Username)
if StrippedUsername != Username {
        report_error('Username does not conform to POSIX conventions.')
        exit
}

-Stefan