Hi Alex,

On  Do 23 Jan 2014 00:36:37 CET, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

Am 22.01.2014 22:36, schrieb Orion Poplawski:
With libssh 0.6.0, x2goclient consumes 100% cpu on connection.  The trigger
for this is that ssh_select() was rewritten to use poll() instead of select().
 poll() has a timeout in milliseconds, select() in microseconds.  x2goclient
requests a timeout of 500 microseconds which is getting rounded down to a
timeout of 0 milliseconds for poll().

However, this still seems to point to some poor coding on the part of
x2goclient that we're using such short timeouts.  Why can't we just wait
forever in ssh_select() in SshMasterConnection::channelLoop() ?

Hello Orion,

We can't wait forever in ssh_select, we must perform other tasks in
loop, for example accepting forwarded connections. However, I have
already increased a select timeout and made a lot of other changes in
ssh code of X2Go Client. The changes are not yet in master GIT because
they depend on reverse forwarding fixes, that I made to libssh. As soon
as we have libssh packages ready, I'll push my local commits to GIT.

I have merged the revtunnel branch of x2goclient.git now into the repo's master branch.

For Debian, I already have provided the libssh fixes (0.5.4-2~debX+x2go1 where X in {6, 7, 8}.

For Ubuntu and our Fedora/EPEL builds this is still pending and on my todo list.

Please commit your recent (local) changes on top of the current master HEAD.

Thanks,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM