I think what your looking for is the nxproxy...
is you open a X2Go session and run "ps uxa|grep nx" you'll get something like this: /usr/bin/nxproxy -S nx/nx,retry=5,composite=1,connect=127.0.0.1,clipboard=1,cookie=cbd55541d784bfc02aead11bb9e576fb,port=30001,errors=/home/theuser/.x2go/S-test2-50-1392932167_stDXFCE_dp24/session.log:50

Which is probably the "window" your looking to embed...

So your best bet would probably be to look at modifying pyhoca into doing the plumbing in the background and replace the bit that starts the nxproxy with what ever magic that gives you what you need to embed it...