Hi Mihai,

----- Original message -----
> Hi
>
> The subject pretty much sums it up. We are currently not adding our
> packages on packages.x2go.org to mock and obs builds. Is there any
> specific reason, why not?
>
> To build cleanly?
>
> This is a deal breaker for packages that require x2go packages at build
> time when downstream does not have official x2go* packages.
>
> For instance, any package depending on x2goserver at build time will
> fail to build for OpenSUSE, because OpenSUSE is not providing any x2go
> packages.
>
> Another incarnation is the issue I mentioned here:
> http://lists.x2go.org/pipermail/x2go-dev/2015-March/009739.html
>
> On Fedora (possibly EPEL, too), x2goserver-extensions does not exist as
> a special package, but the functionality is merged into the "x2goserver"
> package.
>
> A more general description: our builds for packages.x2go.org will fail
> whenever there is a build dependency on x2go packages, that may have
> been edited by distribution maintainers. We have no control over this.
>
> Adding the x2go repositories will, though, make sure we control this
> aspect.
>
> Furthermore, Debian builds always* add our own package repository.
>

> I will go ahead and add our repository to obs and mock builds, if the
> reason is merely "because nobody implemented it so far".
>

> Mihai
>
> *) No rule without an exception. In this case the exception is
> "x2go-keyring".

normally (at the moment) no X2Go component build-depends (in the strict sense)
on any other X2Go component.

Since we provide openSUSE/SLE builds the situation has slightly changed. The
obs-build scripts runs rpmlint at end of build and IIRC that required a change
in build-deps, pulling in other X2Go components at build time.

Please go ahead and add X2Go's own builds into the build process as available
dependencies.

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM