On 09/05/2017 09:28 AM, Bruno CAPELETO wrote:
> The issue came from my home-made sshd_config file.
>
> I still work it up and will give here the solution in a few minutes.

sshd_config? Sounds more like something in your shell startup scripts, but there
are few options that might influence this. One is AcceptEnv, which by default
accepts LC_* LANG on most distros. Still, it's unlikely that this would cause
trouble, since libssh (the library we use for communication over SSH - and most
importantly a different implementation than OpenSSH) doesn't support this
feature.

The only other option I stumbled across is PermitUserEnvironment which is
disabled by default and makes sshd read and execute ~/.ssh/environment for
logins.

Naturally, if you find the culprit, please update us and the report so that
other users that may hit the issue have a pointer.

Mihai