Hi Mike,

great job! I'm working currently on another project. I'll give it closer
look when I'll have some time.

Regards
Alex

Am 21.07.19 um 11:03 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On  Mo 17 Jun 2019 09:22:48 CEST, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Initially i started to develop X2Go KDrive based on source code of
>> xorg-server-1.19.2. I made some patches to port it for some older
>> versions used by SLES12SP1 and Leap42.3. I didn't try it yet with newer
>> versions of XOrg, however I think it should not be a big deal. Looking
>> on the log you provided, I could guess that the problem is somewhere in
>> the XRandr handling. But I would need to take a closer look to be sure.
>>
>> Regards
>> Alex
>
> I worked quite a bit on the X2Go KDrive Xserver code last week and
> achieved the following:
>
>   * no compiler warnings anymore
>     -> please make sure you don't introduce new compiler warning
>     -> build the package via debuild -uc -us to verify that
>        no new compiler warnings are introduced
>
>   * forward-port the X2Go KDrive code so that it builds against
>     xorg-server 1.20.4
>
>   * provide xorg-server code tree integration patches for all known
> xorg-server
>     versions that are found in Debian stretch, buster, bullseye/unstable
> and
>     Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04, 19.04 and upcoming 19.10
>
>   * various coding style fixes / uniform commenting / typo fixes / etc.
>
>   * integrationg of x2gokdrive and x2gokdriveclient builds in the DEB
> based build
>     infrastructures (jenkins.x2go.org, launchpad.net/~x2go)
>
> For building against older X.Org versions, you added some patches
> against x2gokdrive code into the upstream Git. These patches have now
> been moved to the patches.legacy/ subfolder, see the
> README.legacy-patches.md file for details on this [1]. Instead of
> shipping such legacy patches, it might probably make more sense adding
> the required backport changes into the x2gokdrive*.(ch) code files using
> ifdef XORG_CURRENT_VERSION macros. See [2] for my work to differentiate
> between xorg-server 1.19.x and 1.20.x.
>
> While working on the code (esp. the separation of declarations and
> actual code) I introduced some regressions. I think I have fixed them
> all by now, but maybe not. Thus, I'd appreciate it if you could take a
> close look at the changes made (unfortunately there are quite a lot of
> commits between where you left of and today's master/HEAD).
>
> Furthermore, I introduced an x2goserver-x2gokdrive wrapper package that
> provides some integration support into X2Go Server.
>
> Plus, I updated Python X2Go and PyHoca-CLI, so that they now also have
> support for launching X2Go Agent and X2Go KDrive sessions alike.
> Updating PyHoca-GUI accordingly is still pending. Not sure, when I will
> get to that (I use pyhoca-cli from the terminal a lot these days, but
> not so much pyhoca-gui, unfortunately).
>
> How to test (on a Debian stretch or buster system or some recent Ubuntu
> version):

> [...]

Oleksandr Shneyder        | Email: o.shney...@phoca-gmbh.de
phoca GmbH                | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Schleiermacherstr. 2      | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-90491 Nürnberg          | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München       | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658               | http://www.x2go.org
USt-IdNr.: DE281977973