Control: reassign -1 x2goclient 4.1.2.1
Control: forcemerge -1 1428

* On 12/20/19 6:21 PM, Sylvain Cuaz wrote:
> SSH key fails to be copied to the remote side because the path use a tilde,
> so neither file sharing nor client-side printing works.
> [...]
> After using gdb I saw that ONMainWindow::exportDirs() calls
> SshMasterConnection::copyFile() with dst="~"+uname +"/.x2go/ssh/"+dst;
> which is ultimately passed to libssh. But following CVE-2019-14889 the path
> is now literal (quoted), see
> https://git.libssh.org/projects/libssh.git/log/src/scp.c for the libssh logs
> and
> https://usn.ubuntu.com/4219-1/ for the ubuntu packages

Yes, I think that this change has been intentional. I'll have to fix that in
X2Go Client and I know how to do this easily to retain support for pre-patched
and patched versions.

I will, however, probably not be able to provide new release versions with that
fix (and others) for about a months.

I'll let you know when fixed nightly versions are available, though.

> As a workaround I reinstalled an old version of the libssh-4 package and the
> bug went away.

Please don't do that OR recommend that. You're essentially now running without
the CVE fix, which is probably worse than a broken client.

Mihai