On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 10:58 AM Mihai Moldovan <io...@ionic.de> wrote:

> * On 1/26/20 4:15 PM, Mike DePaulo wrote:
> > I'm assuming this is about the email thread "Pulseaudio issue latest Win
> > 10."
> >
> > I see that Ionic just added PulseAudio 13.0 to x2goclient-contrib.git (but
> > not
> > x2goclient.git itself yet).
> > https://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient-contrib.git;a=commit;h=83848f5b86b5cb71598dbe0b3e56db7f753a6bd8
>
> Yep, I haven't seen any new builds yet so decided to fork and work on it. I
> build 13.0 within Leap 15.1 and got rid of the aggregate stuff that now breaks
> due to the repository using multibuilds... or something like that.

OBS may provide pulseaudio with newer dependencies (DLLs from
dependent packages). I don't think it rebuilds it IIRC, just the
download script downloads newer deps.

Pulseaudio will never get a newer version build on OBS unless I myself
work on it (or someone else does on their fork.)
(If OBS supports collaborative development now on repos, I'd very much
like to do that.)

> The change for X2Go Client is stashed in my repo, but not pushed yet, because
> Jenkins is currently broken/down. Upstream bug that I ran into without knowing
> beforehand: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-60857
>
> I hope that the new weekly build released today will fix that. We won't have
> new
> builds until that's fixed. Thought about making a list post announcing that,
> but
> given that they expect a new build today it didn't sound reasonable.

Yeah. A common workaround is to replace the pulseaudio folder under
C:\Program Files (x86)\x2goclient\ with the newer version (same for
VcXsrv), unless the args to launch it have changed. I often test it
that way before I make a commit to x2goclient.git.

> > And I see that he used the OBS to build it like I did:
> > https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:Ionic:branches:home:mikedep333:branches:home:mkbosmans:mingw32:pulseaudio
> >
> > I also found this commit that was added to the pulseaudio master branch
> > (after
> > 13.0) on 2020-01-20. It might be a fix:
> > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/97d0eda2562af07b7514de075ddf62f9dd678e51
>
> Oh, thanks. Backporting that shouldn't be difficult, so I guess I should do
> that?

I recommend backporting the patch.

> Mihai

-Mike