Hi Uli,

Thanks for the links to Xorg.

> As always this is quite difficult to achieve for a client/server setup
> with interactive tools....

I don't agree. Unit testing is a test technique were you isolate the code from
the rest of the context and create a stub/mock in place of that.
This allows you you test pieces of your code (like a function) in isolation.

Moreover, when something is hard to test means that you may want to invest time
in refactoring for test ability.
Only for integration testcases between client & server you need to create a
test approach, like you may want to mock the whole server side (if you want to
test the client side).

But the important take away from this mail is that there are different levels
of testing. Where unit testing in the first level and can easily be done.

Regards,
Melroy van den Berg