Am 02.06.20 um 16:10 schrieb Ulrich Sibiller:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 3:59 PM Stefan Baur <x2go-m...@baur-itcs.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 31.05.20 um 23:39 schrieb Ulrich Sibiller:
>>> For existing session configurations I don't see a way to distinguish
>>> if the user selected the compression on purpose or not if the
>>> compression is 16m-jpeg-9.
>>
>> Aaand that's why the client should display a recommendation next to the
>> compression field.  See my point now?
>
> Yes and no. For new sessions I'd prefer a cleaner configuration window
> where you can decide to use the defaults. For existing sessions we
> could display "this session is not using the recommend default" and
> ask the user if that's on purpose.

For a new session, we would set the default in the field, and when the
user manually changes it, they will be presented with the same notice
they would see when making changes to an existing session, or when going
to the tab to review their settings, when their setting doesn't match
the default.
We could also consider logging a warning or notice in the text box
during session startup.

-Stefan

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)