I am sorry, I cannot seem to trigger this behaviour. Please post a
step by step instruction including all the software you are running.
For me this is working fine like this:
1. start and x2go desktop session with application /usr/bin/xterm
2. in the session run mwm &
3. in the session run xfd -fn fixed
4. connect to that session with a x2go shadow session (from a different client)

Uli